Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sunburst








Everything in this look was found at Various thrift stores!

I saw this dress from far away and it was love at first sight. I am almost positive it is a handmade dress because the stitching on the inside is not professional but still pretty damn good. I really love the whole 70's vibe of this dress so I paired it with some Vintage oversized glasses, a gold "C" necklace, and my Steve Madden boots. 

I really love wearing thing that were handmade because I feel like it has more love in it than a dress made by a big company. This dress is amazing to me for multiple reasons: 1. THE FABRIC. The skirt is a thick quilted cotton and it flows perfectly. I love how the paisley pattern gets bigger and the skirt goes out because it makes the skirt look even bigger. 2. The shape is not like the typical Maxi dress. The waist is emphasized and the skirt's pleats look pristine. The long sleeves are perfect for this weather too! 3. The condition of the dress is perfect! The white is so bright, it looks brand new (and it might be?). Usually when I find things in thrift stores like this, they are dingy or have small tears. This dress is super versatile and I could easily wear it to a ton of different events.

You may have noticed the Donkey in a few of these pictures; that is my baby Chuck. He is a miniature donkey and is one of the nicest animals you will ever meet. I love him so i had to feature him in one of my photoshoots :)

So thats my blog post for today. Remember, what you wear decides your future. And you want a fabulous future. 

XOXO,

 Maddy


No comments:

Post a Comment